Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Survey

Dusting off the old blog, I figured I would do a survey one of my friends did on her amazing blog, Mason Jar Memories.  She works her ass off on it, and actually posts just about every day.  I don't know why I'm telling you this though, since you're probably the only one reading this, Grace! hahaha

 ---
 
1. What is your motivation for blogging?

Well, my blog is made to be a test bed for my stories.  Short ones, or pieces of larger ones.  I made it in 2009 for that purpose and only updated it once since I fret that they won't like it, even though I tell myself that's kind of the point.  It was made to show people that I am working on things and not just sitting around playing Fallout, which is closer to the truth nowadays.

2. What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses as a person? 

Strengths are that I can get people about things they wouldn't talk about with anyone else, and subsequently help them with their problems (usually make them comfortable with them rather than solve them).  I love delving deep into people and really get to know them; for a time I considered being a psychologist.  

Weaknesses are my extreme procrastination and bouts with depression, often due to not doing the things I need to do because of said procrastination.  So it's a shit-cycle that I need the strength to break, which I'm breaking soon.
 
3. What are your dream accomplishments?
 
Write a novel.
Write, pencil and possibly ink, color and letter a limited 12-issue comic book series.
Write, direct and edit a feature film.
Write, direct and animate an animated feature film.
Write, design and possibly program, model and animate a video game.
That's my five things to accomplish before I die.  Working on two of those right now, and have the writing done for all the rest.
 
4. What does your usual breakfast look like?

I sleep odd hours sometimes, so it's often whatever we're supposed to have for dinner.  If not that, it's either a bowl of cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Corn Flakes with sugar because Frosted Flakes suck) or a potato salad sandwich.

5. One of your most embarrassing stories? 

 I didn't get a belt until I was about 19 or 20 years old.  Before that, I would have to hold up my pants by putting my hands in my pockets.  My mom, like usual, told me some bullshit when I was younger like "you don't need belts, they're just an accessory".  Could have used that accessory when I was walking through the hospital to visit my grandma a few years back and my pants fell to my ankles AS SOON as a fucking cop walked by.  Ok, I'll admit, that's pretty funny. :P

6. The highlight of your life thus far?

Whenever someone tells me they like one of my ideas, those are the highlights of my life.  I don't have any definitive moments.

7. What do you imagine your spirit animal to be?
 
The capybara.  Just look at it.
 

8. What is something you miss?

I miss walking through Toys R Us and seeing the ENTIRE SECTION dedicated to the Nintendo 64.  Will never see so many now-old games, systems and accessories in mint condition in one place anymore.  Thing is, I only went there maybe twice in my whole life.  So yeah, not much that I miss.

9. What is one trend you refuse to follow?

Going from one social network to the next every 6 months.  I'll join Google+ when my Facebook friends never get on, thank you very much.

10. What is your favorite junk T.V. show? 

I don't watch T.V. hardly at all...  But I assume it would be my numerous cartoons I enjoy, like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Superjail, Ugly Americans, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and old classics on Netflix like Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and X-Men (the mid-90's animated series I grew up with).  If only Netflix had some Looney Tunes...  I'm a animation freak, but  I digress.
---

And that's it. Hope you guys get a tad bit of insight into me with that, and that it was enjoyable.  Maybe I'll post a story soon.  Have a better one!

No comments:

Post a Comment